We, as an organization, acknowledge
our own difficult history with racism
while we embrace our future,
where DEI will become part of our DNA.
- Dr. Deborah Turner, LWVUS President
LWV is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the organization’s current and future success in engaging all individuals, households, communities, and policy makers in creating a more perfect democracy.
There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, native or indigenous origin, age, generation, sexual orientation, culture, religion, belief system, marital status, parental status, socioeconomic status, language, accent, ability status, mental health, educational level or background, geography, nationality, work style, work experience, job role function, thinking style, personality type, physical appearance, political perspective or affiliation and/or any other characteristic that can be identified as recognizing or illustrating diversity.
- How LWVUS Defines Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Dversity, Equity and Inclusion Resource List (LWVMN) - Books, articles, TED Talks, Video
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Webinars (LWVUS)
- Transformative Circle Anti-Racism Toolkit - books, articles, podcasts, movies
- LWV ABC Book Club - Upcoming and Past Books
- LWV ABC Film Club - Upcoming and Past Films