LWV ABC Book Club
LWV ABC Book Club is intended to foster conversation about social justice issues. Discussions will be conducted via Zoom.
The Book Club will generally be held every other month on the 3rd Wednesday, at 6:15 for socializing and 6:30 for discussion.
Anyone who would like to choose a book and lead the discussion, contact Pat Kennedy at lwvabc [at] gmail.com, to be added to the schedule. If there is sufficient interest and members are willing to volunteer to lead discussions, we can increase the frequency of the Book Club meetings.
See our website calendar Zoom link for our discussion and more information about the books.
- Invisible man, got the whole world watching : a young Black man's education (2016) by Mychal Denzel Smith - January 27, 2021
- Turnout: Making Minnesota the State That Votes (2020) by Joan Growe - February 17, 2021
- American Like Me (2018) by America Ferrera - March 17, 2021
- A Good Time for the Truth: Race in Minnesota (2016) by Sun Yung Shin - August 2020
- An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States (2015) by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz - October 2020